Seems like a lot of folks are interested in my point of view these days. I think it has something to do with this situation "If you're contemplating climbing Mount Everest, wouldn't you like to hear from someone who's been there?"
We're finally starting to recognize the limitation of our planet Earth. Since change is inevitable, energy-use and global-warming issues are top of mind for everyone. We're standing at a crossroads as we face a 95% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. That's when the hard questions come up:
- “What will the future be?”
- “How will it effect the built environment?”
- “What are the challenges we will be facing?”
- ”What will building in the future be like?”
These and many other similar pressing questions have been my interest for many years. I not only have a lot of personal thoughts, I also offer a professional perspective based more than 25 years of global, sustainable-design, building experience. Here's what I focus on sharing ...
My Key Speaking Topics are:
- Our Current Energy Problems: The Beginning of a New Renaissance
- The 2000-Watt Society
- What’s up with Energy-use and Buildings? (2030 Vision, LEED, Passivhaus Standard, Zero Energy Buildings)
- High Performance Buildings and Integrated Planning
- The Green Bridge
Colleges and organizations at which I've presented:
- Iowa State University: "Energy Matters"
- University of Minnesota: "Energy Matters"
- Macalester College: “High Performance Buildings”
- International Passivhaus Conference in Bregenz: “ Das BioHaus”
- U.S. Passivhaus Conference: “Incrementalism is Death”
- MN PCA Conference: “Energy and Buildings”
- Many other professional construction gatherings and other interested organizations: “High Performance Buildings”, “Sustainable Buildings”, “Energy and Buildings”
I'd love the opportunity to share any of my presentations with your own college or organization.
My speaking experiences typically include:
- 90-minute keynote speaking event
- all-day classroom/student/faculty visits
- small-group discussions
My contact information to discuss dates and fees:
Stephan Tanner, AIA - Principal
O: 612 • 339 5515